Back to Blog
Much has happened since our last post. I wrote a blog post but am now discovering that it was either deleted or never posted. Oops! Anyway, our house has been on the market since the 1st of August. We have traveled several places including Kansas City, Houston, and Albuquerque sharing with churches, learning from our directors and forming partnerships.
On September 1st we entered a formal partnership with Deaf Bible Society. Although we remain with Avant Ministries, Chris is now serving as the Program Coordinator for Eurasia. This means he will coordinate and facilitate sign language bible translation teams not only in Ukraine but throughout Eurasia. This is a very exciting and strategic partnership for us. As church planters, we depend on God's Word to transform lives. Could you start a church if the members did not have access to God's Word? This is the dilemma we face knowing that 95% of all sign languages have NO bible translation.
So where are we now in being ready to go? We now have about 90% of our needed monthly support. We are also in the process of getting our visa invitation letter for Ukraine. Some of the details that need to come together (rather quickly) for us now are: the remaining 10% (about $850 per month) to come in, $3,800 more towards our plane tickets, our visa invitation to be finalized, and to sell our house in Sanger.
This seems like a lot, but we have made so much progress and God has brought so much together from where we were a year ago (or even 3 months ago!) that we know that our Father will bring the rest of what we need together soon. Please pray with us that these details will be taken care of. Pray specifically in faith. Thank you for all the support and encouragement you all have provided thus far. You truly are partners with us on this journey.
Click here to learn more about Deaf Bible Society.